#6 Spanish fly (6/10)

A Spanish fly is a type of blister beetle that produces a toxin called cantharidin to defend against predators. The toxin is absorbed by the skin on contact and causes terrible blistering and burning pain. If the beetle is eaten, the toxin causes ulcers, blistering, and bleeding throughout the digestive tract, and can even result in death.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

#5 Cone snail (5/10)

#7 Stonefish (7/10)